Fees: CAN $ 45.00
Please note: section 11(2) is not a Work visa and should not be used for ongoing regular work activity. A section 11(2) visa shall not exceed 90 days and can only be extended/ reissued once in every calendar year. If the dates of the visa overlap into a new calendar year it will be calculated as part of the new calendar year.
Back to back applications for section 11(2) work visa within the same year by the same applicant at the Mission will no longer be accepted.
- Collect the requirements under basic requirements. Each application must have its own supporting documents or we will deem it incomplete. We do not accept incomplete applications nor do we print supporting documents for applicants.
- Complete Application form DHA-84 in black ink. Do not use wipe-out on forms or make alterations. Make sure this is signed and your email and working telephone number is there. Do not remove any pages from the application. Applications should be original ink not photocopies.
- Section 11(2) applications must always include the two signed letters on official letterhead from the company/institution/entity/event abroad and in South Africa stating :
- The exact dates of intended stay. (duration of the visit)
- Purpose or necessity of work
- Nature of work
- Qualification and skills required for the work
- Place of work
- Proof of remuneration or stipend that the foreigner will receive from the South African employer
- Certified identity copy and contact details of the prospective South African employer or relevant contact person from the host institution and the Position of the person in the company
- Proof of company registration of the Business with CIPC
- Proof of good standing with SARS
- Include a copy of the certified ID/ passport and status of the person that signed the letter from South Africa as well as contact details and email. Certified documents should not be older than six months. Official Letters from South Africa can only be signed by citizens and Permanent resident.