The salary range for this position is CAD$ 33, 903 to CAD$ 59, 710.00 annually based on experience and qualifications.
Starting date: Immediately
- A minimum of 12 years schooling with completion of a least one year Secretarial
- Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Secretary, Typist, Receptionist or Clerk with word processing knowledge and skills.
- Police Clearance
Required Job Competencies
- Etiquette, polite, diplomatic and professional manner always
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected circumstances or delays
- Responsible attitude towards client privacy and safety
- Language proficiency
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical thinking
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Clear communication/English language proficiency
- Computer literacy
Assisting with the organization and co-ordination of social events.
Prepares for upcoming social events, maintains the official social obligations and calendar and schedule for the Head of Mission.
Protocol coordinator and relationship building.
Co-ordinates and updated diplomatic list, informs MFS of events taking place in South Africa where the host country may be involved.
Advises all accredited Diplomatic Missions when the Head of Mission leaves his/her country of accreditation.
Performing Secretarial event, arranging and scheduling of appointment, tracks events and updates engagement schedules, attends to invitations sent to Head of Mission, keeps electronic diary updated.
Drafts routine letters, invitations types unclassified reports and official correspondence from dictation according the standard and formats set.
Makes travel and accommodation arrangements ensuring effective time management, up to date itinerary when applicable, meets the specific requirements.
Assisting with logistics for conference, summits, forwards image building material to HOM’s contact- promoting South Africa.
Finalize invitations and guest lists.
Assisting with all administrative and clerical functions.
Service delivery (Batho Pele)
Closing date: 10 December 2022
Please forward CV and all other relevant documents to:
Ms. PJ Maloka