Processing time: six months
Fee: C$ 11.00 (Effective from 01 NOV 2022)
- BI-85 Application for Alteration of Forename form
- BI-529 Determination of Citizenship form
- DHA – 24 Notice of Birth. Please request forms from the Consulate General in Toronto or South African High Commission in Ottawa by sending in a self-addressed stamped envelope (size A4 30cm x 24 cm) . The envelope should be able to fit an unfolded page. (form to indicate the new forename)
- BI-24/1 Notice of Birth form (to indicate the old forename)
- Certified copy of Abridged/Unabridged Birth Certificate and id book copy
- Copy of Statutory Declaration, Notarized affidavit motivating the necessity of the change of forename
- Fee – CAN$ 11.00 (for applicants 18 years and older) in money order or certified cheque payable to the “South African Consulate General” in Toronto or to the “South African High Commission” in Ottawa. No cash, please. No personal cheques, please.
- Small self addressed express envelope.