Processing time: six months
Fee: C$ 11.00 (Effective from 01 NOV 2022)
- BI-85 Application for Alteration of Forename form
- BI-529 Determination of Citizenship form
- DHA – 24 Notice of Birth. Please request forms from the Consulate General in Toronto or South African High Commission in Ottawa by sending in a self-addressed stamped envelope (size A4 30cm x 24 cm) . The envelope should be able to fit an unfolded page. (form to indicate the new forename)
- BI-24/1 Notice of Birth form (to indicate the old forename)
- Certified copy of Abridged/Unabridged Birth Certificate and id book copy
- Copy of Statutory Declaration, Notarized affidavit motivating the necessity of the change of forename
- Fee – CAN$ 11.00 (for applicants 18 years and older) in money order or certified cheque payable to The South African Consulate General in Toronto. No cash, please. No personal cheques, please.
- Small self addressed express envelope.