The South African Consulate General in Toronto, seeks
1 x Secretary (1 year contract renewable)
The Salary range for this position is CAD$ 33, 903.00 to CAD$ 59, 710.00, annually based on experience and qualifications. Starting date: Immediately
- A minimum of 12 years schooling with completion of a least one year Secretarial
- Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Secretary, Typist, Receptionist or Clerk with word processing knowledge and skills.
- Police Clearance
Required Job Competencies
- Etiquette, polite, diplomatic and professional manner always
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected circumstances or delays
- Responsible attitude towards client privacy and safety
- Language proficiency
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical thinking
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Clear communication/English language proficiency
- Computer literacy
- Assisting with the organization and co-ordination of social events.
- Prepares for upcoming social events, maintains the official social obligations and calendar and schedule for the Head of Mission.
- Protocol coordinator and relationship building.
- Co-ordinates and updated diplomatic list, informs MFS of events taking place in South Africa where the host country may be involved.
- Advises all accredited Diplomatic Missions when the Head of Mission leaves his/her country of accreditation.
- Performing Secretarial event, arranging and scheduling of appointment, tracks events and updates engagement schedules, attends to invitations sent to Head of Mission, keeps electronic diary updated.
- Drafts routine letters, invitations types unclassified reports and official correspondence from dictation according the standard and formats set.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements ensuring effective time management, up to date itinerary when applicable, meets the specific requirements.
- Assisting with logistics for conference, summits, forwards image building material to HOM’s contact- promoting South Africa.
- Finalize invitations and guest lists.
- Assisting with all administrative and clerical functions.
- Service delivery ( Batho Pele)
Closing date: 10 December 2022
Please forward CV and all other relevant documents to:
Ms. PJ Maloka
ONLY CANDIDATES SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AT THE MISSION