Overstay administrative fine procedure

  • Call the Consulate-General/High Commission at least a day before you mail out the payment to obtain the exchange rate in Canadian currency.
  • Mail in money order or certified cheque for exact quoted amount within same day of quote given.
  • Include copy of the fine document that you were given at the port of exit and the passport that you were using at the time of exit. If you lost the document please contact the airport you used directly to request a copy.
  • Include small express post return envelope for the safe return of your passport and receipt