Processing time: six months
Fees: C$ 25.00 (Effective from 01 NOV 2022)
- BI-193 Application to Assume another Surname form (for Minors under 18)
- DHA – 24 Notice of Birth. Please request forms from the Consulate General in Toronto or South African High Commission in Ottawa by sending in a self-addressed stamped envelope (size A4 30cm x 24 cm) . The envelope should be able to fit an unfolded page.
- BI-529 Determination of Citizenship form
- Certified copy of Abridged/Unabridged Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of Statutory Declaration, Adoption Papers
- In case of a Minor applicant, affidavits from both parents motivating the necessity of the surname change
- Fee – CAN $25.00 in money order or certified cheque payable to the “South African Consulate General” in Toronto or the “South African High Commission” in Ottawa.. No cash, please. No personal cheques, please.
- Small self addressed express envelope for the mailing of the certificate back to you when received from Home Affairs.