Persons who overstay in South Africa will be declared as undesirable.
Persons who are declared undesirable persons in terms of Section 30(1) (h) read with 50(1) of the Immigration Act, no 13 of 2002 as amended (no. 13 of 2011) must submit the written representative as indicated below:The following documents must be submitted to the email provided: The Consulate or the High commission cannot assist you in doing follow up on the appeal Process. This is handled in South Africa.
- Written representation (written explanation why you overstayed)
- A copy of the declaration of undesirability (form 19) that was issued at the Port of Entry
- Copy of the relevant pages of the passport, including bio page
- Acknowledgment of receipt( in cases where the applicant has applied for a permit and the status is still pending)
- If the applicant overstayed due to medical reasons a medical certificated must be submitted.
The appeal must be e-mailed here.
For confirmation that the appeal has been received applicants may contact the IMS Operational Centre at 011 27 12 406 4985.