Visitors who intend to visit South Africa for more than 90 days should select the relevant visa listed here.
Please note: Processing time is 8 weeks if all the requirements are met.
Photocopy, faxed or certified copies of the medical, radiological and police certificates are not accepted.
Date stamp should not be older than six months.
Basic visa requirements for more than 90 days visa:
- Passports (Including Travel/Emergency Travel Documents) must have at least THREE (3) unused (blank) visa pages when presented at the High Commission or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the High Commission/Consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services
- Completed Application form DHA-1738 in black-ink. Do not use white-out on forms or make alterations.
- Medical Report (BI-811) with dates not older than 6 months and must have office stamp. Names must be written clearly not on stickers. No hand written address or stickers. Original form required. No faxed/photocopies.
- Radiological Report (BI-806) with dates not older than 6 months and must have office stamp . Names must be written clearly not on stickers. No hand written address or stickers. Original form required. No faxed/photocopies. Medical doctors can sign and stamp the form on behalf of radiologist if they have reviewed the x-ray results. Print this form and give to your doctor as it has instructions that are necessary (not required for children under 12 years and pregnant women);
- Your Doctor is allowed to sign on behalf of your radiologist if the radiologist does not have the office stamp.
- Fingerprinted Police Reports dated not older than 6 months from all countries you have lived for 12 months or more since age 18 (original report required) NO UNDERTAKINGS OR RECEIPT will be accepted . Landing documents or Canadian citizenship certificate not the card will be required if you were not born in Canada to support that you came to Canada as a minor to enable us to waive the police report from your country of birth. NAME SEARCH ONLY police report will not be accepted.
- A vaccination certificate, if transiting through a yellow fever belt country.
- Applicant’s current month bank statement reflecting total 3 months to date bank statement record with account holder’s name and available balance
- Notarized financial support letter from parents/spouses and certified copies of the front page with bio data of their valid passports and bank statements of guarantor. Do not blot out the account number or names on the bank statement. Please print your bank statement at least a day before visiting our offices. Certified copy of Unabridged Birth Certificate (in case of a dependent that is not self supporting financially even if you are over 18. Include your parents certified valid passports copies and marriage or divorce certificates as well.);
- All personal / private invitations should be signed, have specific dates of length of stay, residential address and not to be in an email body. Personal invitation must be done and stamped at the police station. The host must include certified copy of utility bill to verify residential address.
- Medical coverage if you are studying or going for exchange issued by South African medical aid scheme
- Certified copy of marriage certificate/ divorce decree; Certified copy of death certificate in case of widowed applicant;
- Proof of accommodations i.e. Confirmed hotel reservations for your entire stay or invitation letter from host including certified copy of host’s SA identity document or foreign passport and status in South Africa with contact details like telephone and emails and residential address
- Printed detailed flight itinerary (not just airport codes). No handwritten itinerary please;
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of visit;
- Two (2) passport-size photographs.
- All applicants 17 and under must include a long form birth certificate (unabridged birth certificate, parents certified valid passports copies and certified marriage certificate)
- Express post Canada Post self-addressed envelope for the return of your passport;
- In the case of any minor, applicant must submit proof of consent from both parents, the parents’ identity documents, marriage or death certificate in the case where one of the parents is deceased, adoption papers and the applicant’s unabridged birth certificate;
- In the case of a school trip, the student under the age of 18 years will be required to submit a letter from the school indicating the appointed guardian by the school and a certified copy of his/her passport; and where applicable the letter from the School in South Africa as well indicating the purpose of the visit and the exact dates of intended stay
- In the case of a minor, accompanied by one parent, a notarized letter of consent from the other parent who is not accompanying the applicant;( Click here to download)
- In the case of a minor, the particulars of the person in the Republic who will act as the applicant’s guardian and confirmatory letter from such person; proof of consent for the intended stay from both parents or from the sole custody parent along with the proof of sole custody i.e. decree of divorce;
- In the case of adoption, certified copies of adoption papers, full Birth Certificate of applicant and parents’ identity documents.
- Any other documentation or proof that the visa official may deem necessary;