Processing time: six months
Processing fee: C$55Requirements:
- BI 73 Passport Application form; DO NOT SIGN OR PUT LEFT thumb print FOR people 15 years and UNDER ON PAGE 1. Section B to be CAN BE LEFT BLANK. Page 2 is to be signed by Parents for 17 and below must sign page 2 including declaration. The address section is to be completed with your Canadian residential address and your telephone numbers.
- BI 9/ DHA-9 form – CHILDREN 15 YEARS AND UNDER DO NOT NEED THIS FORM AT ALL. DO NOT INCLUDE IT. Your stamped envelope should be able to fit an unfolded page
- BI 529 Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. When fully completed please ensure that your form is signed and dated. Page 1 is about the applicant and when they left South Africa. Question 9 is important and the reason why you left. Page 2 is about the applicant parents. Complete the information to the best of your ability even if parents are deceased. Don’t forget to sign and write your Canada residential address. PARENTS MUST SIGN FOR THE KIDS
- WHEN APPLYING FOR KIDS PLEASE INCLUDE : BOTH PARENTS CERTIFIED ID OR PASSPORT COPIES, Divorce decree, marriage certificate OR DEATH CERTIFICATE IF ONE PARENT IS DECEASED
- Certified copy of South African Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of Exemption Certificate in terms of section 6(2) of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995. To be submitted by applicants with dual citizenship or Notarized sworn affidavit stating that no other citizenship has been acquired; DONE BY PARENTS
- Certified copy of Canadian Citizenship Certificate, PR card, study or work permit;
- Notarized certificate of naturalization. To be submitted by applicants who are naturalized South Africans.
- FOUR passport size photos with white background which must comply with the description below. MAKE SURE THE MOUTH IS NOT OPEN.
- certified copy of Current passport front page
- If the passport is full before the expiry date please provide a written explanation that your passport is full and copies of the whole passport.
- Money order for C $ 55 made payable to the South African High Commission or South African Consulate General or cash exact amount only if you do a walk in at our office. DO NOT MAIL IN CASH PLEASE.
- Self addressed Express post/ Priority Canada Post self-addressed envelope