Processing time: six months. Kindly ensure that the small self addressed express envelope has ADEQUATE POSTAGE STAMP to return your new passport to you.
Fee: C$ 91.00 (effective from 01 NOV 2022)
- BI 73 Passport Application form; DO NOT SIGN OR PUT LEFT thumb print FOR people 15 years and UNDER ON PAGE 1. Section B to be CAN BE LEFT BLANK. Page 2 is to be signed by both Parents for kids 17 and below. You must sign page 2 including declaration too. The address section is to be completed with your Canadian residential address and your telephone numbers.
- BI 9/ DHA-9 form – CHILDREN 15 YEARS AND UNDER DO NOT NEED THIS FORM AT ALL . DO NOT INCLUDE IT.
- BI 529 Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. Do not answer any of the questions with N/A please. When fully completed please ensure that your form is signed and dated. Page 1 is about the applicant and when they left South Africa. Question 9 is important and the reason why you left. Page 2 is about the applicant parents. Complete the information to the best of your ability even if parents are deceased. Don’t forget to sign and write your Canada residential address. PARENTS MUST SIGN FOR THE KIDS
- As long as the father’s name is on the child’s birth certificate consent must be obtained even if you are not married. Consent can be by signing the BI-73 or providing a notarized affidavit giving permission for the renewal.
- If the child’s surname is a mother’s surname and she is not married then only the mother needs to give consent.
- If one parent refuses to give consent Please request a competent Court to order otherwise and attach relevant court order to the application.
- If parents are divorced both must still sign the child application unless a competent court orders otherwise.
- If you (the parent) or another adult person has been granted sole guardianship by a competent court then permission is not required from the other parent or any of the parents of the child.
- WHEN APPLYING FOR KIDS PLEASE INCLUDE : BOTH PARENTS CERTIFIED ID and PASSPORT COPIES, Divorce decree, marriage certificate OR DEATH CERTIFICATE IF ONE PARENT IS DECEASED.
- Certified copy of South African Birth Certificate for the child and for the parent/s too
- Naturalization certificate copy is required only if both parents were not born in South Africa and if the child also got naturalized.
- Certified copy of Exemption Certificate in terms of section 6(2) of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995. To be submitted by applicants with dual citizenship.
- If you DO NOT HAVE a dual /exemption certificate please put Submit Notarized sworn affidavit stating that no other citizenship has been acquired done by PARENTS on behalf of kids together with your proof of status in Canada for the child and the parents like Certified copy of Canadian Citizenship Certificate, PR card, study or work permit.
- Notarized certificate of naturalization. To be submitted by applicants who are naturalized South Africans.
- FOUR passport size photos with white background which must comply with the description below. Make sure the mouth is not open.
- Certified copy of Current passport front page. Do not give us the passport.
- If the passport is full before the expiry date please provide a written explanation that your passport is full and copies of the whole passport.
- Money order for CAN $91.00 made payable to the South African Consulate General in Toronto. Do not mail in cash please. No personal cheques, please.
- Self addressed Express post/ Priority Canada Post self-addressed envelope.
- Required documents when applying for a child’s passports when one parent lives in South Africa and the other parent lives in Canada. Please see this link for more information.
All forms to be completed in BLACK ink.
Do NOT to write “N/A” or draw lines through the form if the question does not apply, leave blank space.
Do NOT use wite-out.