SOUTH AFRICAN CONSULATE GENERAL – TORONTO
MANDATORY CONSULATE PROTOCOL GUIDELINES TO PREVENT INFECTION AND SPREAD OF COVID-19
- Applications for Civic Services (Passport/ID document/Birth Certificates/Death Certificate/Retention/Renunciation etc). is open for mail in applications only, no walk-ins are allowed. Money orders/Certified cheques payment only addressed to South African Consulate.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR ALL APPLICANTIONS
- South African Consulate-General
110 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 600
Toronto, M2N 6Y8
- Follow instructions as indicated on http://www.southafrica-canada.ca/civic-services/
- Emergency Travel Certification make special appointment ahead of time in order to be allowed entry to the Consulates premises. http://www.southafrica-canada.ca/emergency-travel-certificate/
- Members of the public who come on confirmed appointment at SA Consulate, should follow Covid-19 protocols:
- Wear a face mask & gloves (face masks; and gloves are not provided to the public by the Consulate General).
- On entering the Consulate, please sanitise your hands with the hand sanitizer provided at reception main door.
- When you cough or sneeze, do so in your folded elbow
- Please maintain the recommended physical distance of 2 meters
- Children are not allowed access to the SA Consulate (0-15 years).
- For all enquiries about applications please email:- ImmigrationC@dirco.gov.za
- Visa applications abroad remain closed until further notice.
COMMISSIONER OF OATHS (AUTHENTICATION OF DOCUMENTS)
The South African Consulate-General is currently closed to the public and therefore we are not making appointments for the services of the Commissioner of Oaths.
There is a process through which documents can be authenticated which does not require a visit to the office. The document can be signed with a notary and sent to Global Affairs Canada or the provincial authority delegated to legalize documents for use in a foreign country following which the documents can be sent to the Consulate-General for the Certificate of Authentication to be attached. Herewith is the link for the authentication process for Ontario for your information: https://www.ontario.ca/page/authenticate-document-use-outside-canada
After the documents have been authenticated by the provincial authority they can be mailed to the South African Consulate:
South African Consulate-General
Attention: Corporate Service Manager
110 Sheppard Avenue East
There is no fee for this service but you must include a prepaid self-addressed return envelope with the documents that need to be authenticated.