Processing time: 6 months
ID documents are for South African citizens and permanent residents aged 16 years and older only
- BI 9 form/DHA-9 (COMPULSORY FOR ALL PEOPLE 16 YEARS AND OLDER) – Full set of fingerprints. This form must be submitted by applicants 16 years old and older. Complete in full and sign. Include email where possible. Fingerprints can be taken at the nearest police station, fingerprints taking centers or at our offices during hours that are open to the public. This form is not downloadable. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a request for BI-9 to receive this form. Please note that BI-9 is A-4 (30x21cms) size form, which may not be folded. Your stamped envelope should be able to fit unfolded page
- BI-529 – Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. When fully completed please ensure that your form is signed and dated. Page 1 is about the applicant and when they left South Africa. Question 9 is important and the reason why you left. Page 2 is about the applicant parents. Complete the information to the best of your ability even if parents are deceased. Don’t forget to sign and write your Canada residential address.
- Divorce decree. To be submitted by divorced female applicants who wish to retain their maiden name. Those applicants who wish to change their surname to their new married surname should include a decree of divorce and their current marriage certificate;
- Certified copy of marriage certificate. To be submitted by married women irrespective of whether they will or will not change their surname;
- Submit Affidavit to change surname. To be submitted by recently married female applicants who would like:
- their surnames to be changed accordingly,
- to retain their maiden surnames, or
- wish to use double–barrel surnames;
- Certified copy of South African ID book and/or Birth Certificate;
- Certified copy of Exemption Certificate in terms of section 6(2) of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995. To be submitted by applicants with dual citizenship or Notarized sworn affidavit stating that no other citizenship has been acquired;
- Notarized certificate of naturalization. To be submitted by applicants who are naturalized South Africans.
- TWO passport size photos with white background which must comply with the description below
- certified copy of Current passport front page
- If the passport is full before the expiry date please provide a written explanation that your passport is full and copies of the whole passport.
- Money order for C $ 19.00 made payable to the South African High Commission or South African Consulate General or cash exact amount only if you do a walk in at our office.
- Self addressed Express post/ Priority Canada Post self-addressed envelope
All forms to be completed in BLACK ink.
Do NOT to write “N/A” or draw lines through the form if the question does not apply, leave blank space.
Do NOT use white-out.