Processing time: 6 months
Fee: C$ 6.00 (Effective from 01 NOV 2022)
Reporting death of South African citizen or permanent resident abroad:
- BI-132 Application for Death Certificate form
- Long form death certificate that includes important details like date, time and cause of death.
- Complete DHA-1663
- Please mail in the deceased original id and passports to us so we can cancel them and include a small express envelope for the return of these documents back to you safely.
- Fee – CAN $6.00 in money order or certified cheque payable to The South African Consulate General in Toronto. No cash, please. No personal cheques, please.
- Small self addressed express envelope for the mailing of the certificate back to you when received from Home Affairs.
All forms to be completed in BLACK ink.
Do NOT to write “N/A” or draw lines through the form if the question does not apply, leave blank space.
Do NOT use wite-out.