Fees: C $32.00 (effective from 01 NOV 2022)
Africa’s neighbouring countries MUST apply for a transit visa unless they have long term status in that country. The neighbouring countries are Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.
Passport holders of these countries, who want to transit a South African port of entry enroute to any other country, may do so without applying for a transit visa.Transit Visa Requirements:
- Application form DHA-84. Signed and completed in black ink only. Do not use white–out on forms or make alterations. Include your email address and telephone numbers.
- Original passport valid for no less than thirty (30) days after the expiry of the intended visit with three (3) completely blank pages.
- Two (2) passport size photos.
- Travel itinerary showing onward or return flight details. NOT airport codes. Must indicate the exact transit hours.
- Applicant’s current month bank statement reflecting total three months TO DATE bank statement record with account holder’s name and available balance.
- Notarised financial support letter from parents/spouses and certified copies of their valid passports and bank statements of guarantor. Do not blot out the account number or names on the bank statement. Please print your bank statement at least a day before visiting our offices.
- Transit Visa Processing fee is CAN $ 32 (where applicable). Please pay by money order or certified cheque only. The fee is Non-refundable even if you do not meet the requirements. No cash, please. No personal cheques, please.
- Xpresspost Canada Post self-addressed envelope for the return of your passport.
All visa applicants must contact the The South African Consulate-General in Toronto at ImmigrationC@dirco.gov.za to request an appointment to submit visa application.