Skip to content
- The government is pleased with the positive fourth-quarter growth and the key drivers of growth which are positive signs.
- The GDP grew by 1.2%, and this growth takes the annual growth rate for 2021 to 4.9%.
- The key drivers of growth include personal services, trade, manufacturing, and agriculture.
- The government acknowledges that more work must be done to create jobs and restore the economy to pre-pandemic levels.
- To achieve this, we continue to implement the Economic Reconstruction and Recovery Plan to stimulate growth in the South African economy, implement a massive infrastructure development programme and create jobs.
- You can play your part in supporting our economy by buying locally manufactured goods.
- Working together, we are moving South Africa towards economic recovery!